Help with a Federal Agency

At times it can be difficult to navigate through the federal government. My office can serve as a liaison between you and this list of federal agencies.

The role of my office when assisting constituents with federal agencies is to make inquiries on your behalf which includes: finding out the status of a case, requesting additional information, and requesting an expedited response or decision.

While my office can make inquiries on your behalf, we cannot guarantee a positive outcome in all situations. It is important to note that my office does not have any decision making authority, and the respective agencies have complete discretion concerning decisions on individual cases.

Here are answers to several of the most frequently asked questions by constituents. Additionally, since I only have jurisdiction over matters dealing with federal agencies, I have created a list of non-federal agency contacts for situations I cannot help with.

Also, here are real examples of situations my office assisted constituents with.

How to obtain assistance from my office:

1. Find out if you live in 9th Congressional District

Members of Congress have a responsibility to represent his or her own constituents. If you aren’t sure which Congressional district you live in, please visit, and enter your zip code with the last four-digits to determine who your representative is. If you do not know the last four digits of your zip code, please visit!input.action to find out.

2. Determine if your issue is under the jurisdiction of a federal agency

View this list of federal agencies to see if your issue is with one of them. If the agency you are dealing with is not listed, please call 586-498-7122 or 248-968-2025 and a member of my staff will be pleased to help identify whether you are dealing with a federal agency or direct you to the appropriate state or local agency and other resources or services that may be helpful.

3. Fill out a privacy release form

In order for my office to make inquiries with a federal agency on your behalf, you must first fill out a privacy release form authorizing myself or my staff to receive information on your behalf. You can access a privacy release form online, or by contacting my district office if you would like it mailed to you.

Once you have filled out the privacy release form, you can either mail, fax, or drop it off to my district office in Roseville:

Congressman Sander Levin
27085 Gratiot Avenue., Suite C
Roseville, MI 48066
(586) 498-7122 (Phone)
(586) 498-7123 (fax)

4. Next steps

Once your privacy release is received by my district office, a member of my staff will contact the appropriate federal agency with your request for assistance. My staff will follow-up with you via a letter or phone call indicating any inquiries being made on your behalf.

Privacy Release Form

In accordance with the Privacy Act of 1974, I give Congressman Sander Levin authority to act on my behalf. In order to open a case on your behalf, you must complete this form and return it to my Roseville office. You should also include copies of any relevant documents, but please sendonly copies of your documents. Please fill all blanks which apply. You may fill this form online and then print it to sign.