Non Federal Assistance

While I welcome the opportunity to serve you, as a federal legislator I only have jurisdiction over and can make inquiries on matters dealing with federal agencies. If your situation involves a state, local or legal issue, I cannot assist you directly. However, I will try to direct you to the appropriate place to handle your concern. For your convenience, below I have created a list of contacts for situation’s I cannot help with.

State Government Websites

Examples of state issues that my office is frequently contact about are:

  • Driver’s licenses
  • Department of Human Services
  • Medicaid
  • Food assistance
  • Utility assistance
  • Friend of the Court

For assistance with these issues, please take a look at the list I have compiled of the most frequently sought state government websites to help you locate the assistance you need.

State Government

County Government

Macomb County Government

Oakland County Government

City Governments

Berkley                              48072
Beverly Hills                       48025
Bingham Farms                 48025
Bloomfield Township          48301, 48302, 48304
Clawson                             48017
Center Line                       48015
Clinton Township               48035, 48036, 48038
Eastpointe                         48021
Ferndale                           48220
Franklin                             48025
Fraser                               48026
Grosse Pointe Shores       48236
Hazel Park                         48030
Huntington Woods             48070
Madison Heights                48071
Mount Clemens                 48043, 48046
Pleasant Ridge                  48069
Roseville                            48066
Royal Oak                          48067, 48068, 48073
Southfield Township           48025
St. Clair Shores                  48080, 48081, 48082
Sterling Heights (Part)        48310, 48312, 48313, 48314
Warren                               48088, 48089, 48090, 48091, 48092, 48093

Legal Issues

As a federal legislator, I am precluded from any involvement with all legal and law enforcement matters. I am unable to become involved in court cases or legal issues such as: divorce cases, child custody cases, civil disputes, criminal trials, incarcerations, deportation proceedings or any matter before immigration courts. Additionally, I cannot act as an attorney or offer legal assistance in any way.

Below please find a list of legal resources my office is aware of:

State Bar of Michigan Lawyer Referral Service 1-800-968-0738

Legal Aid and Defender Association 1-877-964-4700

Elder Law of Michigan 1-866-400-9164