Representative Mike Levin offers internships in his Washington, Oceanside, and Dana Point offices. These internships provide an opportunity for undergraduate students, graduate students, and recent graduates to learn more about the workings of a Congressional office and the legislative process.
Internships last approximately three to four months and are intended to be educational experiences. Internships are offered for either academic credit or a stipend. Internship applicants must be high school graduates. Current students and recent graduates will be given first priority for the internship program.
If you have any questions regarding internships with Representative Levin’s offices, please feel free to call the Washington office at (202) 225-3906, the Oceanside office at (760) 599-5000, or the Dana Point office at (949) 281-2449.
To apply for an internship with Representative Levin, please:
- Email a cover letter, resume, three references, and a brief writing sample all in one pdf file, with the file name including internship class, year, last name, and first name (i.e. Fall2022.Doe.Jane.pdf) to the office you are applying to:
- Washington, DC: CA49.DCInternships@mail.house.gov
- Oceanside or Dana Point, CA: CA49.DOInternships@mail.house.gov
Please note that we always receive more applications than we can accommodate, particularly for the summer, and applicants with strong ties to the 49th District are given preference.
Applications for internships will be accepted until:
- November 30 for the Winter/Spring session (typically January through April)
- March 31 for the Summer session (typically May through August)
- August 1st for the Fall session (typically September through December)